Sunday, June 20, 2010

Modify Tradition Mini Quilt Swap Complete!

Here is the quilt I received from Michelle, you can visit her blog here.


I love it!

All of my favorite colors.

This is going to look great hanging in my entryway :)


Such precise quilting.


She also sent this cute little snow flake :)

How great!
----------------------------------

Here is the quilt I made for Alexis for the same swap, she has received it!
This was a blind swap, we didn't know who had our name.

For this swap we were to make a traditional block in a modern format.

I found out Alexis watches True Blood (so do I, and I have read most of the Sookie series) so I was excited, and she likes pink so I had to work that in.

I decided to design a block inspired by these things.

I embroidered drops of blood using Aurifil 12 wt cotton thread.

The fabric making up the hourglass represents drops of blood and the green trees on the sides represent the woods between Sookie and Bill's houses.

The swap was fun, I may have to do this again!

- Lisa 

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! Can't wait to read more!

    www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete