Sunday, December 19, 2010

A lot going on!

Always so much going on this time of year. 

I am trying to finish handmade gifts as many of us probably are :)

My plans of switching the spare bedroom with the bonus room to get a bigger sewing studio are out.

We found out my husband is getting transferred back to his old job in Chicago!

(Chicago Modern Quilt Guild, here I come!)

This is great because we will be closer to family, but also sad because I have finally met people and made some great friends here in NC.

Including one person who feels more like family then a friend, it's too bad we can't all have the people we love in one place.

So time to get this house ready to sell, I think we will need some luck in this market.

It is hard to believe this is our third house in the 5 years or so we have been married.

I really hope this time we can find a house and a  location more permanent, I so sick of moving!

I don't know how much I will get to post in the next few months but I will try.

I have finished the two baby quilts for my niece and nephew:


For this quilt I determined the different widths of strips I wanted and then cut them to random lengths.

I purposefully set most of the strips off center a little to give it sorta wonky look.

I used fabrics from Joel Dewberry, Amy Butler, and Henry Glass.


 For the quilt below I used a Moda Honey Bun to make the boxes and the two stripes made of little squares.






I added the colored stitching by hand with some embroidery floss I had lying around...
 -------------------

And I have started on more quilts for my other two nephews who were just born.

Here are the fabrics I am using for their quilts:

I am using them in a pattern that I think I will be calling Modern Block Stacks.
-------------------------------

I broke into one of my Figgy Pudding Turnovers and started this table runner:

I simply paired the triangles up, sewed them together and then squared the half-square triangles up.

The package states you can square them up to 5" and use them with charm squares.

Since I wasn't using them with charm squares I actually squared them to 5 & 1/2" because they were big enough.

This will give me 5" finished squares and an approx. 20" x 50" table runner when finished.



Fabric by: Basic Grey for Moda Fabrics







I hope every one has a happy and safe holiday and that you get to spend some time with friends and family!

Take care,

~ Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment