Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday Stash #8 - Solids!

I have been collecting solids as I go along.
 
I buy them when I find a good sale or clearance in whatever colors I can find.

At first at didn't mark which ones were which.
 
As I went along I started keeping track of the exact color name by pinning a little piece of paper to each piece.


Some is Kona, some is Moda Bella.


How is the weather up your way?

Lovely here today in the mid 70s :)


I really want a new sewing machine that is easy to piece and quilt on.

I have been reading reviews on the Juki TL-98Q.

It sounds like a winner, I am considering it.  
 
I am also a little in love with the Janome Horizon, but no amount of destashing over here will get me close to the $3000 price tag!
 
However, The Modern Quilt Guild is hosting a contest and the Janome Horizon is one of the prizes!

Enter Here!
 
What sewing machine are you in love with?

Stay tuned for more destash!


~ Lisa

2 comments:

  1. I have the Husqvarna Viking Mega Quilter (which is basically the same as the Juki). I wanted the Juki when I went looking for a new machine but there were no dealers in the area and I wanted to try it out before I bought it. So I found the Mega Quilter and fell in love. In June it was a year that I've owned it and I LOVE it! No complaints about anything so far! Good luck and i hope you get your new machine! (p.s. the machine is also fabulous for quilting! It's so fast and moves so smoothly! Quilting a quilt takes no time now!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info! I will keep an eye out for that one too :)

    ReplyDelete